Who is Ms. S and Mr, Cocktail?

My photo
Ms. S is me. a weird, artistic girl. Live in Jakarta, who like any other girl around the world have drama and adventure in this futuristic world. And I'm here to Share

July 22, 2011

Blogger Inspired: 2 *Watermelon Granita*

Dear Mr. Cocktail,

It's Friday  ( yey !! )
This week my blogger inspired came from Michelle from That's so Michelle

One day I came home from work and throw everything I carry onto my bed. Feeling tired and hungry
I walk towards the fridge.
I open
Then I saw this half watermelon, and instantly something click in my head. I've been reading Michelles blog and I remember her super easy recipes with watermelon.

"mum are you gonna use this watermelon??!!", I shouted still glaring at the juicy watermelon
"you can have them S, what are you going to do with it?"
"watermelon granita", I whisper

Watermelon Granita

via That's so Michelle
This is what you need:

 4 cups (1 3/4 pounds) cubed seedless watermelon (from a 4-lb. melon)
 1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice

What to do:


Purée all ingredients in a blender (I used a food processor) until smooth. Pour into a 9x9x2" metal baking pan. Freeze mixture for 1 hour. Stir, mashing any frozen parts with the back of a fork. Cover and freeze mixture until firm, might as well leave it over night.

Using a fork, scrape granita vigorously to form icy flakes. Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover tightly with foil and keep frozen. Give it a quick scrape before serving.


I addapt this recipes from Michelle but instead of using fresh lime juice I use sour orange slices since at that moment I don't have any lime and it's too late to buy one.
I didn't measure at all I just use my hungry instinct
hahaha ..

It's super easy
basically like making a watermelon juice and freeze it.

my simple version of watermelon granita
it's sweet
it's easy
and it's icy

perfect for hot summer day.

Thanks Michelle


S

22 comments:

  1. Yummmy !! That looks delicious !! Want it soooo bad !!!!
    New purchases on my blog !! Take a look and feel free to comment !!
    Kisses
    Lamia
    http://ginger-chocolateandhoney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love watermelon, its such a great summer food

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm so yummy, wish it was warm to try these!
    xoxo
    Catita
    http://catindreamland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. waw! It's so nyaaam!

    anyway, mind to visit and follow?

    www.rillicious.blogspot.com
    let me know :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks yummy and refreshing!
    Great blog! I am now following, check out my blog?
    http://lea-oh-lea.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. this sounds so delicious and refreshing! I've been sipping on a pina colada smoothie almost daily...healthy and delicious.

    http://www.diyainherstilettos.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks so yummy ill try it :)
    and ur blog is so cuute
    def following you :)
    will u plz follow me back if u want

    ReplyDelete
  8. its look so yummy :d i want try it .
    thanks for your lovely comment on my blog btw :)
    wanna follow each other ? let me know if you want <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG i love watermelon and tank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog!

    http://hippiegonemad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. really cool blog! following you now, hope you follow back :)

    xxx,
    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh, this looks so good!

    Krystle
    http://dearwinsome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, i love that watermelon!
    i like this blog
    if you want, we can follow each other :)

    http://choccopost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg such a good idea and it looks delicious! Gahs I wish I had some watermelon to try this... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. hm this make the water come in my mouth:) must be delcious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i just did a whole post on my blog about watermelon i love them so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Watermelon is the most refreshing and best fruit in the world! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Imma try it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your watermelon granita looks awesome, gosh!!

    I love eating watermelon, and that's the perfect accompaniment for a hot summer evening. :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag
    Join My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks outrageously delicious!

    http://www.oddandchic.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would Love to hear what you want to say <3